Nourish Skin with Anti-Aging Treatments
As the largest organ on the body, the skin goes through various cycles and changes as you go through the aging process – and while some signs are heredity or unavoidable, there are plenty of anti-aging facial treatments for the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone and firmness and minimize discoloration under the eyes.
As the skin ages, it begins to experience a decrease in oil production, leaving the surface of the skin looking dull or dry – which increases the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, forehead and mouth. Repeated facial movements over time etch into the face, leaving you with worry lines, crow’s feet or laugh lines around the facial tissue. Fat loss in the face is a common symptom of aging, but a loss in volume causes skin to appear sagging or draw attention to dark circles under the eyes – and with the reduction of collagen and elastin in the skin, facial tissues is less likely to bounce back into place as it once did. To help minimize symptoms of aging, there are many products and treatments available to help slow the process and even minimize noticeable signs such as fine lines or dark circles under the eyes.
Anti-aging facials work in a variety of ways to improve skin texture and promote cell turnover to reveal more youthful, revitalized skin. In addition to skin care treatments and facials, there are a few things you can do on your own to minimize aging symptoms on the skin:
· Eat a diet high in vitamins and minerals, as they contain valuable antioxidants that fight against free radicals on the skin. Free radicals cause cell damage, and many vitamins and minerals, such as fatty acids, zinc, vitamin E and C work to nourish skin cells, repair damaged skin tissue, improve skin rejuvenation and slow the rate of aging.
· Limit alcohol intake. Alcohol leads to dehydration in the skin, causing it to look flaky and dull, and the liver must work harder at processing the sugars found in alcohol. As a result, the liver does not work as efficiently as a natural detox for the skin or important organs. Finally, excess alcohol use usually results in broken capillaries – often in areas of the face, such as cheeks and nose.
· Avoid smoking. Though smoking is harmful to the health in general, it has a rather large negative impact on the skin as the chemicals found in cigarettes affect the health and color of the skin. Decreased oxygen to the skin and dehydration caused by smoking causes the skin to take on a gray or yellow hue and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are exacerbated.
· Protect yourself from the sun. Spending time in the sun during your youth never seems to be that detrimental, but the sun damage will catch up over time. Repeated sun exposure without proper protection causes the skin to experience dehydration, leathery texture and in some cases, skin cancer.
To protect your skin from many of the common signs of aging, there are plenty of products to use that provide ample anti-aging facial skin care. Lotions, creams and serum are the most popular products to use to deeply nourish and hydrate dry skin, brighten up the under eye area and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Any anti-aging facial treatment regimen should include the following ingredients:
· Peptides – increase cell repair
· Antioxidants – such as vitamin E or C
· Retinol-- encourages the production of elastin and collagen for firmer, supple skin
· Sun protection – prevent further sun damage or discoloration to the skin
The number of anti-aging for skin products could seem overwhelming if you aren’t sure what you are looking for, so it is important to look for the mentioned ingredients when shopping for an anti-aging product. Wrinkle creams, such as the Ageless Derma’s Wrinkle Cream, is efficient at reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the face and boosting elasticity in the skin for an overall improved appearance. When using any type of anti-aging cream or serum, always tap the product into the skin to enhance blood circulation in the facial tissue and ensure the product is thoroughly absorbed for the best results.
Frequent use of anti-aging treatments, facial creams or serums will provide results within a few weeks of application, so it’s important to keep up with a skin care regimen to experience improved texture and tone in the skin and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.